Continue below to setup your US iTunes account
Get a US iTunes Account Without A US Credit Card
SETUP INSTRUCTIONS BELOW
ACCORDING TO APPLE, The iTunes Service is available to you only in the United States, its territories, and possessions. You agree not to use or attempt to use the iTunes Service from outside these locations. Apple may use technologies to verify your compliance.
Even though this system WILL work if you do it from elsewhere in the world, please note that you shouldn't do it if you are outside the US.
Please see Apple's legal notices here (keep scrolling).
Well done for making it here - your life is about to change!
Below you will find step-by step instructions on how to setup a US iTunes account WITHOUT A CREDIT CARD and, below that, you will find further instructions showing you how to buy vouchers online and load them into your new account.
Please note this is for US iTunes customers only - and is a guide showing you how to setup a US iTunes account without a US credit card. Very often people immigrate legally to the US, but it takes a while to get a credit card. This shows you how to use vouchers in the US iTunes store.
With most of the world's high end media coming out of the United States, it is widely accepted that the greatest iTunes database of new media, is the US iTunes offering - only available to people with a US iTunes account. From music to movies and TV Shows, the spread of content is so vast and so current, your mind may well explode. Imagine a place where you can rent movies for $3.99 (R30) and you've got 29 days to watch it. And once you press play, you've got 24 hours to finish it. And we're not talking old DVD type titles - we're talking titles that sometimes haven't even arrived at the local cinema! And don't even get me started on the series that you can get. Imagine getting the latest episodes of Mad Men, Glee, Top Gear, Gossip Girl, Family Guy and more for just R7 an episode - available to buy and watch immediately, anytime you want!
Opening a US iTunes account gives you access to that media. The only problem is you can't open a US iTunes account without a US address (incl. correct zip code) and US credit card.
That is why we have put together these step by step instructions, allowing you to register with the US iTunes store with a correct US address and to pay for your purchases using iTunes vouchers. Please note that this is not a service and we are not encouraging you to do this.
Setting up an iTunes Account for people in the US without a credit card
Follow these instructions to the letter and your life will change:
1. Download and install the latest iTunes (here)if you don't have it already.
2. Load up iTunes and click 'iTunes Store' in the left menu. If you have a local iTunes account or if you are already logged in, make sure you logout of your account (usually top right corner of the iTunes screen - just click the username and then click 'Sign Out').
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and make sure that the flag and country setting is set to United States.
If not, then click the flag and choose United States from the list of available countries.
4. Scroll back to the top of the page and click the heading for the 'App Store.'
On that next page, you will see various Top 10 lists on the right of the page. Scroll down until you see the list for Top Free Apps. Click one of those FREE apps and attempt to download it.
MAKE SURE YOU CHOOSE A FREE APP!!
5. On the next screen you will be given the option to Create a new account. Click that.
Now you are into the registration process! This is where the cleverness begins!
6. You need to enter a US address at this point. If you are new to the US and you don't understand how the postal address system works, please note that the iTunes system checks to see that the Zip code is correct for the address you gave. You can click here to generate an American name and address as an example - which should clearly illustrate the format which iTunes prefers you to enter your US postal address. Then you will have access to the US iTunes account and you will be able to buy media.
7. Use a new valid email address during this process, as they make you verify the account before you can use it, otherwise it won't let you in. I just made a brand new gmail address - to use once for that verification email. I will never use that email address again but I do use the email address as an iTunes login name.
8. When you get to the 'payment method' page, make sure that you tick 'none.'
9. Follow the instructions and, when prompted, check your new email account (which you setup earlier and which you used in the registration proces) for an email from iTunes. That email will have a verification link in it. Click the link in the email and you will then have a FULLY FLEDGED US iTunes account!
Sign in with that same email address as your login name, as well as the password you chose in the first steps of the registration process.
Well done! Welcome to your new life!
YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO USE POSTAL ADDRESSES OUTSIDE THE US - IF ITUNES STARTS GETTING WEIRD AND ASKS YOU OVER AND OVER FOR YOUR BILLING ADDRESS, THIS IS WHY. PLEASE NOTE THAT EVEN THOUGH IT COULD WORK FROM OUTSIDE THE US, IT IS AGAINST APPLE'S LICENSING POLICIES FOR YOU TO USE THIS VOUCHER SYSTEM OUTSIDE THE US.
Buying US iTunes Vouchers
To buy iTunes vouchers, you could use a private voucher website. There are a few of them run by people who manually buy the iTunes gift cards in the US, add a slight profit onto the face value of the voucher, and sell them (the voucher codes) online. This is not condoned by Apple and not a service they provide These vouchers are fomr inside the US and should be bought inside the US at Apple stores.
For example there are THESE GUYS who allow you to use a credit card (or PayPal, with your credit card linked to that) to buy the US iTunes voucher codes and you also give your normal email address, because they email you the codes.
Once you have got your voucher code (this you should get inside the US at an Apple store), you redeem them in iTunes by clicking 'Redeem' (funnily enough) in the right hand menu under 'Quick Links.'
And off you go!
Remember if you have an Apple TV (special box that let's you surf your iTunes account through your plasma) you are able to watch movies as they load! Whereas with a normal computer (PC or Mac) or iPad you have to download the whole thing before watching it.
Because each movie is around 1.5Gb in size, we HIGHLY recommend you get uncapped broadband.
WE USE RSAWEB FOR ALL OUR BROADBAND NEEDS IN SOUTH AFRICA
Personally, I haven't turned on satellite TV or gone to the cinema for more than 6 months.
|getusitunesaccount.com is part of the #nospam info series|